Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hello Family and Friends,I decided to start writing a blog so I can update everyone on how our family is doing. I am so appreciative of all of you. Your emails, letters and phone messages have been heartwarming and encouraging. I know that in time, I will be able to talk with each of you. I have cherished your emails so much and can respond easier to them since I can write back while my children are asleep. ( theobs@usa.net ) Having a family to care for has kept Steve and I very busy. We cherish our children in a different way then we did before.

I still am very tired. I have had a hard time sleeping at night, so if you are up at night, I would covet your prayers! When the house is quiet is when thoughts come in and I begin to re-live the last 4 months and longing to hold my sweet baby boy.We continue to miss Larson. Sometimes more and more each day. He blessed us so much for his short time on earth. I continue to take comfort in knowing that he is resting safely in the arms of Christ. The last 4 months have seemed long and yet also a blur. Often I feel like I am really not going through this and that it is a dream. What I do know is that I have gotten through this difficult time by relying only on the Lord and His Grace. I still ache so much to hold Larson, knowing I will not hold him agin in this lifetime.

I leave you with this devotional from "Beside Still Waters"A TIME TO DIE Ecclesiastes 3:2God has fixed the time of our death (Job 7:1). It is useless to dream of living her forever. A time of departure must come unless the Lord returns. If He returns before our departure, then "we who are alive and reamin shall be caught up... in the cluds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord" (1 Thess. 4:17).Here, diseases wait in ambush, eager to slay. But, "He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge... You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at you right hand; but it shall not come near you" (Ps. 91:4-7) We are immortal until our work is done. l then we shall receive our summons home.If duty calls you into danger, if you have to nurse the contagious sick, do not hold back. You will not die by a stray arrow from death's quiver; only God can take your breath. your death is not left to chance. It is determined by a heavenly Father's gracious will; therefore, do not be afraid. Now do not be reckless and rush into danger without reason, for that is madness. Yet never fear to face death when God's voice calls you into danger.Here is comfort;If the Father of our Lord Jesus arranges all, then our friends do not die untimely deaths. Believers are not cut off before their time. God has appointed a time to harvest His fruit. Some are sweet, even in the early spring, and He gathers them. Others, like baskets of summer fruit, are taken while the year is young. yet some reamin until autumn mellows them. Be sure of this, each will be gathered in season. God has appointed the commencement, the continuation, and the conclusion of your mortal life.

1 comment:

Jamie D said...

I got to your blog by recommendation from a close friend, The Baker Family. What you have written here is amazing, and I am only starting at the beginning of your story. You will be added my prayer list. Thank you for your words.