Saturday, September 26, 2009

Revisiting



We got back from our family vacation and wanted to share this photo. Besides having a blast as a family it was a sentimental trip for us as well. Our very good friends live there and we went to see them. We visited them in Newport beach 2 years ago. On that visit we had also announced our pregnancy. I was only 8 weeks pregnant and really had no idea what was ahead of us...although I had an instinct something was not going to be good. It was on that beach that I told my friend that I was nervous about getting a 12 week ultrasound in case something was wrong. Of course we did by pass the 12 week ultrasound, but our 20 week still changed our life!!! Well this picture is at that SAME beach at the SAME place I was. Without our son.. but still in our minds and hearts. I love this picture and being taken at the same beach he was with us at some point....VERY SENTIMENTAL!!!

As we approach Larsons D-day..diagnosis day...he is very much on our minds. Taking a break has been good for me. I have realized how much has gone on in our lives in just 2 years. I am continually amazed at the work He is doing in so many peoples lives. It is all written different then we would hope...yet it is all written perfect. No typos...no editing...no erase marks...no updated editions...no proofing...no editors approval. It is unfolding perfectly.

5 comments:

My Very Own Angel said...

You are so right about that it is just perfect. Sending you HUGS

Sara said...

Corie,
That is a beautiful picture. I just love it with all the feet behind it. Precious. Thanks for sharing your life and journey with me. I so appreciate it.

I have been praying for that family, for healing for their little girl and peace for all involved... So hard. Thinking of you!
Sara

Kelly said...

What a precious story and picture - thank you for sharing this with all of us.

Keeping your family in our prayers daily...

God bless!
Kelly and Family

Angie Lu said...

You and your family are so amazing. And you are an incredible writer. Thanks for sharing. Love you, sweet friend.

Angela

The Beidle Family said...

I remember our talks like it was yesterday. Seems like all this just happened and then again seems like it has been so long since we held that sweet boy. A mothers instinct is amazing...and that is exactly what took place on that beach. You were thinking of your sweet baby then and you were thinking of him when you wrote his name in the sand. That is the love of a mommy. I know it is not story you expected...but you have endured what the Lord has given you and praised Him still more. I am so thankful for you....thank you for sharing your heart and being such an amazing sister in Christ.

Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait upon the LORD
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings as EAGLES
they shall run, and not be weary;
and they shall walk, and not faint"

Love you.