Monday, July 21, 2008

Reflecting

Yesterday after church we went to the cemetery for a visit with Larson. We took flowers and 6 balloons. Six because he would have been six moths old tomorrow. Although yesterday was not the actual six month mark, it was a beautiful day and we were all together. The cemetery is a peaceful place for me. So quite and easy to think...although my children were loud. Even listening to my children's laughter seems perfect there. Nobody else is around and nothing else to think about.

At church we sang a song that we sang shortly after we found out that Larson would not be with us long. The words are more incredible now then they were before. Turn the music down below and listen. Oh I just love this song.





"O Church, Arise"
Words and Music by Keith Getty & Stuart Townend
Copyright © 2005 Thankyou Music

O church, arise and put your armor on;
Hear the call of Christ our captain;
For now the weak can say that they are strong
In the strength that God has given.
With shield of faith and belt of truth
We'll stand against the devil's lies;
An army bold whose battle cry is "Love!"
Reaching out to those in darkness.

Our call to war, to love the captive soul,
But to rage against the captor;
And with the sword that makes the wounded whole
We will fight with faith and valor.
When faced with trials on ev'ry side,
We know the outcome is secure,
And Christ will have the prize for which He died—
An inheritance of nations.

Come, see the cross where love and mercy meet,
As the Son of God is stricken;
Then see His foes lie crushed beneath His feet,
For the Conqueror has risen!
And as the stone is rolled away,
And Christ emerges from the grave,
This vict'ry march continues till the day
Ev'ry eye and heart shall see Him.

So Spirit, come, put strength in ev'ry stride,
Give grace for ev'ry hurdle,
That we may run with faith to win the prize
Of a servant good and faithful.
As saints of old still line the way,
Retelling triumphs of His grace,
We hear their calls and hunger for the day
When, with Christ, we stand in glory.

So as I "enter" into the next two days, once again reflecting on my "new" self I ask for your faithful prayers. I am grateful to know that the outcome is secure no matter what my path looks like. My faith in Jesus has given me life in eternity. I'll write more tomorrow and tell more. As I have thought about Larsons life and what he has meant to me, I would love to hear from my dear friends also. Feel free to drop me a note on my email...theobs@usa.net. I know all moms love hearing about their children...I am no different. He is just not here to watch while we are talking about him, but I know his short life has done so much for me. I would love to hear from you!

No comments: