Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter!



I know this is after the fact, but I thought I would write anyway. Larson would have been 2 months old on Easter. He probably would have been smiling at as and becoming more alert. Instead of being with us this Easter, he was worshipping Jesus on this holiday with Jesus himself. Wow, it really made me wonder what Easter is like in Heaven. I am sure it is much different then here. Larson probably didn't care about the "perfect" ham meal, easter egg hunt and what he would wear. Rather, he was worshipping with so many others with God. This Easter brought new meaning for me as well. It really made me stop and think what I am celebrating. It is so much more real. The celebration of Chirsts death and resurrection so we may worship with Larson again someday. Larson has taught me more in his 9 months AND 23 hours on this earth than I feel I have learned in all my 35 years. He has made me think...What am I living for? Why am I here? What is the purpose of life? Do I really believe what I say I do? Yes, I have to say that he has helped me to stregthen my faith in Christ.

What then shall we say to these things? "If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own son, but delievered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Romans 8:31-32

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my little brother (tony b) goes to your church and he put a message on his blog for everyone to pray for the obrien's and another family that had lost a child within hours of delivery. i sat there crying and praying for you as i read it. my first son eli was just born the same day. jan 22 2008 at 8:07 pm. i don't know what to say, but i am crying now and am with you in prayer. i know a piece of your pain in a previous miscarriage. all i can say is i'm sorry.

-katie williams (kaitebee@yahoo.com)

Anonymous said...

Im friends with Tony and Kendal, I read Kendal's post for prayer for your family. I then came to your site, and read. Titus, my first and only child is 7 months. i am at a loss for words... I too am lost in my tears over your story. the music is perfectly playing in the background reminding me of hope. I am so encouraged by your unshattered faith and lasting hope in Christ.
Christie Ballewske

Anonymous said...

Corie, your site is beautiful. What gorgeous pictures. I found your site from Lynne Kay who linked it on the preeclampsia fondation forum for greif and loss. I had preeclampsia and a placental abruption at 32 weeks. My daugher, Elodie, did not make it. THe pain is unbearable. Your strength is encouraging. I live in Boulder county, crazy huh? Well, shoot me an email if you want to chat more. thanks, Carin
wrennie@kahr.org